Just change release date (Was Re: State of gvfs in Gnome 2.21)

> > Yeah, i also don't see the regressions as major. I mean, its not like
> > gnome-vfs is bugfree. The reason we're going from it is because its
> > problematic.
>
> I have to disgraee. I think they are. The end user is more likely to see
> these "regression" than any bug or design issue that gnome-vfs has.

And I think this is major issue with *every* release. Regressons *do*
impact end users, and reather heavily. This was mine reason why I
wasn't so found of going "cold turkey" with gnome-vfs and gio/gvfs.

However, then  I tried gio/gvfs within Hardy and I am surpristed that
it is actually kinda stable. As far as I see, lot of apps already uses
it and developers are quite happy with it. So I think going back is
kinda big no no here.

So I suggest - delay the release. Delay Ubuntu LTS. Delay also other
distro releases. Why? Because not release date matters. What matters
here is a _product_. It should be usable, it should be documented,
translated and tested for at least a month. There are regressions not
only in gio/gvfs, but all over, because of drastic changes underneath.
So let's delay it, and test it, test it, test it.

Just friendly suggestion for active GNOME user,
Peter.