Re: ORBit2 stopped calling g_thread_init(), and consequences
- From: "Tor Lillqvist" <tml iki fi>
- To: "Matthias Clasen" <matthias clasen gmail com>
- Cc: Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: ORBit2 stopped calling g_thread_init(), and consequences
- Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 11:01:14 +0200
>> What should be the plan to fix them all ?
Or just revert the change to ORBit2 and instead insert the
g_thread_init(NULL) in programs as needed when/if they are ever ported
to Windows or other odd platforms?
Maybe at the same time update the documentation that says
g_thread_init() should be the first GLib function called. Add
something like: "But don't worry. Things usually work fine, especially
on Linux, even if you call g_thread_init() (or some random library
calls it) even after lots of other GLib functions have been called."
] [Thread Prev