Re: New clock applet for 2.22

I am still unsure as to why there even needs to be a concept of "system time". "System time" should just be UTC, surely.

If anonymous things like GDM need a local time to present to the user, then we should point it at a configurable user profile. This could serve for font settings etc., too.

On 9/25/07, Garrett LeSage <garrett novell com> wrote:
> Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > Are you sure that "default city" made it in ? I haven't found anything
> > double-clickable and didn't see any way to mark a city as default in
> > the intlclock-1.0 code
>
> It was in some earlier builds I used, for SLED SP1.
>
> You're right though -- it's not there on my laptop (which is currently
> running something resembling an openSUSE 10.3 beta).
>
> Hopefully someone will add the feature back, and add a button for it too.
>
> The default city shows up in the panel as the time.  It's super-useful
> when traveling with a laptop (to have a reference of the local time w/o
> changing system settings or requiring root), and I miss it currently.

Sounds like a nice feature, but won't it be a little confusing if it
is a clock-applet-only feature, while the rest of the desktop (e.g.
the evo calendar) run off the system timezone ?