Re: New clock applet for 2.22

Hey!

On 9/24/07, Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> On 9/24/07, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
>

> > Calvin Gaisford and I have been discussing this a few weeks ago and
> > he'll work on getting the two merged. My preference is to use the
> > current backend code, and import the intltool UI in the clock. I don't
> > think it will be really hard, although I don't know how much work this
> > involves. I'm a bit unsatisfied with the UI, though, since it means
> > having a lot of information in the popup. So usability input would be
> > great.
> >
> > The changes you've made look quite interesting.
>
> The ui bits are based on design input by Bryan Clark. Maybe I should put some of
> his earlier mockups on the wiki page, too.

Speaking of UI, I have a little suggestion (based on the mockup on Fedora wiki).
I see that below the world map there's a row that has a clock, the
zone and the weather, it's really cool but I can imagine it filling a
1024x768 screen pretty quickly. I would like to suggest that this rows
are self-aware enough to know if screen space is too short then change
from the "big" expanded view of the mockup to a more table like one
(with the cool graphics and stuff but with fonts a lot smaller).

But that's a minor thing, I think it looks great :).