Re: Proposing Gimmie applet for 2.22 (was GNOME Panel++)

A quick $0.02:

I have been using Gimmie on and off for quite some time now (on and
off since its initial checkin) and have found it to be a significant
step up in terms of a UI over the current Gnome default. The biggest
issues have been with crashers (generally with new/fickle features,
all of which have been addressed below in the list of features to be
addressed/removed)

I would be interested to see a build without all these extras, and see
what performance/the memory footprint are looking like, as currently
long sessions (days to weeks) can see those grow.

However, since we are talking about incorporating it and then
_developing_ it for some time, I would be a strong supporter of such a
move. I think that since most of its 'cool new features' have been
mostly developed, and what would really need to be done is gritty
testing/bug work, it might be hard to attract the development base we
need to get it stable, but if we can mobilize the workforce and/or
provide elegant/sane degradation/fallback to the original gnome-panel,
I would be all for such a move.

My quick, un-researched $0.02,
Kevin Kubasik