Re: Pulseaudio

On Mon, 2007-10-08 at 23:19 +0100, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
> Last time I tried PulseAudio (over a year ago) it hogged the sound
> device and did not let any other ALSA client produce sound.
>
> Can someone confirm the bug is still there?  Just (e.g.) play some music
> with PulseAudio and then start an ALSA client, check that mixing is
> being done.

You need to install an ALSA plugin that'll take care of that. Try the
Fedora 8 Test 3 Live CD that was released last week, you will see no ill
effects in apps, and the crappiness of the sounds in gnome-audio :)

> If the bug is still there then I would not recommend anyone using
> PulseAudio.  Unless you want to see for example your flash plugin sound
> to stop working, like it didn't usually work in the old days when it
> used OSS API.

There's a work-around available for the Flash plugin that's been taken
care of by Lennart. It was a problem for Fedora as well, and we needed
it fixed if people were to use Pulseaudio.

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>