Re: Evolution Plugins (Was Re: Rise of the Plugins)

On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 16:55 +0530, Srinivasa Ragavan wrote:

> > > Accepting appointments from mail-view, Mail-To-Task are all heavily used
> > > in corporate setups.
> >
> > ... is really rather separate to great integration features. :-) You *can*
> > do these things without necessitating the Outlook suite interface (at least
> > for all users -- I do agree that some are going to be more comfortable with
> > the old-school UI for a while => see Kontact, but keep your glasses on).
> >
> This should/would still work on a split mode, as these would integrate
> with EDS for tasks and calendars and not with the Evolution instances of
> calendar/tasks.

I use evolution as a mailer. I'd still prefer to have an address book
(as i use it from evo-the-mailer) that opens up in a separate window
that is designed to only be a address book instead of one that is put
inside the mailer shell. I don't think peoples desire to use addressbook
without the mailer is the only reason why you'd want the addressbook to
not be integrated in the evo shell. (Same for calendar.)