Re: Evolution Plugins (Was Re: Rise of the Plugins)

On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 22:02 +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Sankar P">
>
> > It is just that I do not want to lose the functionality of everything
> > under a shell which is been preferred/used by the large chunk of corporate
> > users (migrated from Outlook, Novell GroupWise client, etc.)
>
> Familiar user experience is an important issue, but...

In the model I demoed at GUADEC, Evolution can behave as a suite of all
apps as well as individual applications. So this is would be of no
issue.

> > Accepting appointments from mail-view, Mail-To-Task are all heavily used
> > in corporate setups.
>
> ... is really rather separate to great integration features. :-) You *can*
> do these things without necessitating the Outlook suite interface (at least
> for all users -- I do agree that some are going to be more comfortable with
> the old-school UI for a while => see Kontact, but keep your glasses on).

This should/would still work on a split mode, as these would integrate
with EDS for tasks and calendars and not with the Evolution instances of
calendar/tasks.

-Srini.