Re: Desktop sounds in Gnome

Richard Hughes wrote:
On 19/03/07, Étienne Bersac <bersace03 laposte net> wrote:
So, will gnome 2.20 play nice sound when disk is burn, sound volume
increased, mail received/sent, new RSS item available, etc. ? Would the
system sounds be themable like icons are ?

It would be great to theme these like we can icons.
gnome-power-manager just needs to play a "battery low" chime, and
linking to gstreamer seems very heavyweight.

I love the fact that OS X has just one "system beep" sound. It makes things super simple from a user perspective. Do we really need, and do users really care about, different sounds for questions, information, battery low, etc.

-Thomas