Re: Bugfix release

On 3/23/07, Tristan Van Berkom <tvb gnome org> wrote:
On the other hand, (I'm not sure if such a system might already be
in place...) it might be reasonable to say that a given module might
want to rally an extra bugfix release on the said current release -
if for example an important bugfix was made in the platform after
the 2.18.1 release

Yes, quoting the tail of the second footnote of my previous email (my
emails are too long...someone should file a bug against me):

"Another alternative for increasing focus on a particular topic is to
have individual maintainers choose to follow them for their project.
I have basically imposed feature freezes on myself for an entire
development cycle for certain modules that I maintained, simply
because I felt it was the right focus for my project at the time."

 - does that library maintainer have the right
to ask for a 2.18.2 to be released to address this ? (and then
I suppose the idea would be accepted/rejected by the release
team)

Sure, a maintainer can ask the community to do what we already planned
on doing, but I don't see the point.  ;-)  (A 2.18.2 and 2.18.3
release are already planned on the proposed schedule at
http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointNineteen, on May 30 and July 4,
respectively.  No one has objected to the schedule thus far[1], so
it'll be official soon.)

Cheers,
Elijah

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2007-March/msg00157.html