Re: gnome 2.19 schedule.

Hi,

> e.g. it's polling. I don't suppose there's any way to avoid this, it
> only will happen when the scanner is plugged in and powered on.

How to do without polling in user space ?

> So here's what I would do
> [snip]
> What do you think?

That's really nice !!! Also, patching sane_get_devices () to use HAL,
then patch saned to publish through avahi, then path again
sane_get_device to use avahi and we get the trick !

SuSE is known to have some patch for HAL and SANE integration, so even
if SANE does not includes patches, we might at least integrate such
patches in distributions. However, if the changes are optionnal at
compile time, SANE people may include it. They already included fdi
generator. That's a step forward.

Donald, what do you think of that ?

>  Just ask on the HAL list if you need any help!

Right, the discussion might leave this list.

Kind regards,
�ienne.
--
Verso l'Alto !