Re: Updating our list of GNOME contributors

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 22:31 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
Hi,
[...]

It would be really great if all maintainers could take 10 minutes and
check that all of their main contributors are listed in there. To do so,
open this URL and look for the name of your contributors:
http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-desktop/trunk/gnome-about/contributors.h?view=markup

If there are some missing contributors, send me a private reply with the
names of those contributors. I'll make sure to add them before 2.18.0.

If we really must have a gnome-about dialog, shouldn't the contributors list be kept up to date automatically? If it has to be updated manually then it's only going to go out of date again for the next release.

Perhaps all svn account holders and foundation members (past and present?) should be automatically added to the list? This would also encourage people to become foundation members. It also has the benefit that each of the names would have been verified as having made a significant contribution.