Re: Weird and wonderful visual styling of applications

In the specific case of RB, Gossip and Evolution, it seems that people
want to prettify treeviews for this kind of thing, assigning specific
visual style to elements that hold different meaning (e.g. first level
heading, second level heading, etc.). Perhaps we should come up with a
way to do this, so that all apps look consistent.

From my experience I can say that the the most common customization I
try to do is make the header or level n rows render differently to the
rest.

In this regard a simple way to do that would be much appreciated. I
generally end up achieving the same thing via
* Conditional behavior in cell_data_funcs
* Pack multiple renderer's in a column and conditionally use each one
depending on the level of the row.

John