Re: shared-mime-info minimum version update

Il giorno gio, 21/06/2007 alle 14.16 +0100, Bastien Nocera ha scritto:
> On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 14:42 +0200, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> > Il giorno mar, 12/06/2007 alle 10.14 +0100, Bastien Nocera ha scritto:
> > > On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 09:25 +0200, Luca Ferretti wrote:

> > > I have no idea how to interact with TP,
> >
> > http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/HTML/maintainers.html

Translation Project Robot should automatically send PO files to
maintainers after the syntax check (for example, the Italian translation
for shared-mime-info I sent -using my other address- this morning was
accepted by Robot, and should be bounced to you).

> > >  and people have been sending
> > > updated translations directly to me, to the list, or committing
> > > themselves if they have access.
> >
> > There is also Launchpad.net from Canonical/Ubuntu to manage
> > translations, see https://translations.launchpad.net/+about and
> > https://help.launchpad.net/FeatureHighlights/SoftwareTranslation
> >
> > Just a note: the FAQ[1] says Launchpad translations are under BSD
> > licence, the TermOfUse page says that submitted translations are under
> > the same licence as the software.
>
> And why aren't those translations getting back upstream, where they
> belong?

The shared-mime-info product itself is not translatable[1] 'cause you
are not using launchpad to manage it.

The Ubuntu package (maybe with patched/added/changed strings), instead,
is translatable[2], but only for Ubuntu releases, not for upstream. You
can browse and download them at [3], but manually.

PS yes, sometimes launchpad it's a mess. And note that often anyone can
translate: this is good, but sometimes very bad (imagine anyone could
add patches... brrr..)

PPS you could also set up a custom Web2.0-style translation system. See
aNobii[4]  :-)

[1] https://translations.launchpad.net/shared-mime-info/
[2]
https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/gutsy/+source/shared-mime-info/