Re: shared-mime-info minimum version update

On Mon, 2007-06-11 at 18:53 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On 6/11/07, Lucas Rocha <lucasr gnome org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to propose to raise the minimum version of shared-mime-info
> > from 0.19 to 0.21 for GNOME 2.20. Basically, this would solve bug
> > #408591. I guess other modules would benefit from this update as well.
>
> I think we probably just want to raise the recommended version to be the latest.
> The minimum version does not really make that much sense for a pure
> data module like this. And wbmp support is not exactly a killer
> feature...

Not a killer feature, but support for more formats is always nice. Look
at the number of changes I made to add rarely used formats in
shared-mime-info for Totem to use.

I second using the latest version as the recommended version, although
I'm not sure who wouldn't update to the latest version when updating all
the other packages.

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>