Re: Online Desktop integration ideas
- From: "Alberto Ruiz" <aruiz gnome org>
- To: "Havoc Pennington" <hp redhat com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org, Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- Subject: Re: Online Desktop integration ideas
- Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 15:37:51 +0100
2007/7/23, Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>:
Alberto Ruiz wrote:
> I was really disappointed about the lack of interest on privacy and
> security that Havoc expressed in his keynote (don't get me wrong, I do
> think that your keynote was great Havoc), maybe home users don't care
> about it, but basically that is due to a couple of things:
Don't get me wrong, I think privacy and security are important and will
require a lot of thoughtful work. I just don't think they are valid
objections to the Online Desktop concept, because they can be addressed
through thoughtful work to the satisfaction of the intended audience.
Oh, then we all agree here :)
Businesses do already use salesforce.com, QuickBooks Online Edition,
etc. and individuals already use online banking and countless web sites.
Privacy and security are obviously key concerns.
] [Thread Prev