Re: Proposed module: tracker

Joe Shaw wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 16:26 +0000, Jamie McCracken wrote:
Joe Shaw wrote:
[snipped my concerns about Tracker]
all these also apply to EDS too yet no one complains?

Some of them apply.  EDS isn't a general data store; it has APIs and
backends that are very specific to the types of data it stores.  Also,
very few applications (none other than Evolution, I believe) actually
store info in EDS.  They're all read only, consuming EDS's data.

The opensync guys valiantly attempt to be an EDS producer.

(The tone is due to opensync never having succeeded in syncing any of my portable devices!)

--
Andrew