Re: Proposed module: gnome-main-menu

On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 21:26 +0100, Steve Fr�naux wrote:
> Well, IMHO, slowness and relevance of information is not that stylistic
> (since the later can be easily fixed, I'm less sure about the second),
> and coherence and consistency are not that minor. And we are in freeze,
> aren't we ? So it could be a bit late if there are something to changes.

It's slow on FIRST RUN. Subsequent runs are pretty much instantaneous.
The panel is also slow to start up. When you have to load a hundred or
so files off disk, and parse them all, there's going to be some
slowness. The panel appears less slow, because you're not *starting*
the menu during your session. It's already running, and the slowness
is at startup of the session, rather than when pressing the menu icon
on the panel.

It follows the theme colors. If you don't like the colors change your
theme, or fix the theme to make them different colors. This is in fact
one of the requirements we put on the main menu, when writing it.

Both of the issues you're complaining about, can be fixed. And in fact,
they aren't that hard to fix. They just take a little time to fix.

-- dobey