Re: Proposed module: tracker

Hi Jamie,

Yesterday at 20:13, Jamie McCracken wrote:

> Also I would add that the  sophisticated snowball stemmers that tracker
> uses allow for more accurate searches - EG "Fly" and "Flies" will match
> against "Flying"

Now we're getting to an interesting I18N point (and you should take
into account that I am in no way NLP expert):  how do these stemmers cope
with languages other than English?

And can we add subtle features like Google search has had with
script transliteration mappings (for example, it will search both
Serbian Cyrillic and Latin texts if you input Serbian Latin; for
GNOME, I'd like the search to work both ways in Serbian locale)?

Cheers,
Danilo