Re: Network problems in gnome-session

> At the same time, gnome-session hangs in SmsGenerateClientID. strace
> shows that it seems to be waiting for a DNS reply from a long-gone DNS
> server for the local hostname..
What is the output of
echo $SESSION_MANAGER
?
local/lapnavab35:/tmp/.ICE-unix/9505

Does it contain a hostname in it? The wrong hostname?
No, lapnavab35 is the correct hostname. I configured dhclient to always
use this hostname regardless of what the DHCP server says. (The problem
also occured without this, though.)

Does unset SESSION_MANAGER make things magically startup faster?
Yes, as well as removing the file in /tmp/.ICE-unix/.

My current nameserver is 129.xxx.xxx.xxx, and 129.* is the only active
network and route. gnome-session still tries to ask 192.168.1.3, though,
which was the previously active nameserver from my home network.

Yours, Florian