Re: Extreme memory usage for gnome-panel related apps
- From: Johan Dahlin <johan gnome org>
- To: Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen <mikkel kamstrup gmail com>
- Cc: "Nickolay V. Shmyrev" <nshmyrev yandex ru>, David Zeuthen <david fubar dk>, Martin Ebourne <lists ebourne me uk>, desktop-devel-list gnome org, jamie <jamiemcc blueyonder co uk>
- Subject: Re: Extreme memory usage for gnome-panel related apps
- Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 10:42:16 +0100
Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:
On 02/12/2007, *Colin Walters* <walters redhat com
<mailto:walters redhat com>> wrote:
So how would this be done? One Python thread to run each applet in?
Assuming this then it is pretty far from feasible. Python and GTK
threading is not exactly the nicest thing to work with. The slightest
glitch and all apps in the loop would block.
A system-wide daemon such as python-launcher would probably do it.
It essentially runs python and pygtk once and then you'd fork all further
processes from it, that way you only have to load pygtk once per session.
] [Thread Prev