Re: Extreme memory usage for gnome-panel related apps

On Sun, 2007-12-02 at 13:27 -0800, Ethan Osten wrote:

> Personally, I hate coding in C - I have better things to do with my
> time
> than to deal with things I don't really have to deal with. And I know
> there are a lot of people like me, or else PyGTK etc. wouldn't be so
> popular. "Go back to C" just isn't an acceptable option.

You can use C++ :-)
It brings speed comparable to C, very good interoperability with
existing C code, compile time type checking, easy to use class system
(compared to GObject), and good C++ binding (Gtkmm is even designed to
be interoperable).

Granted than the overall resistance from GNOME contributors does not
help (most of it being pure FUD due to lack of knowledge).

Hub