Re: Dogfood servers now up
- From: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
- To: Sanford Armstrong <sanfordarmstrong gmail com>
- Cc: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>, GNOME Desktop Devel <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Dogfood servers now up
- Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 16:09:55 +0200
On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 16:38 -0700, Sanford Armstrong wrote:
> GNOME is going to have to become a service provider.
as far as I see it, GNOME is already a (small though) service provider
for online storing. That is, we have art.gnome.org for themes/icons, we
have devel.gnome.org for devel docs, svn.gnome.org for code, etc
So, the first thing that comes to my mind with this online desktop idea
is to allow users to send their data to these GNOME servers. That is, a
$gnome_art_designer would add support for uploading themes, users could
write a technical white paper and upload it for other people to look
at/help editing, etc.
The online desktop for personal data storage makes a lot of sense
(personal images, videos, calendars, adressbooks, etc), but it makes
also a lot of sense for *shared* data storage.
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
] [Thread Prev