Re: Proposal for LAT inclusion in GNOME 2.18

Loren Bandiera schrieb:
On Tue, 2006-09-12 at 21:04 +0200, Sven Herzberg wrote:
FUD, FUD, FUD. Do really want to argue on that level? GQ is a GTK+ 2 application for more than 3 years now.

Argue about what? I haven't used GQ in a long time, I never claimed to
be an expert on it. I merely offered my opinion.

Well, either providing wrong "facts" or absolutely outdated information doesn't make your argumentation well-founded.
Just because I don't follow your project doesn't mean I'm trying to
spread FUD.

But as I don't follow yours either I have one question: to me your application doesn't look like a "General LDAP client" but an "User Management based on an LDAP Directory", it that impression right or does it serve a general purpose (eg. administrating web server settings, mail accounts, computer configurations, setting installed software on computers)? If not, why not just create the proper backend for the Gnome System Tools user management tool? (I think you get the difference between "I claim GQ is GTK+ 1" and "Does LAT provide more than...")
I don't have anything against your project.

I didn't claim that. I just claimed that you were spreading lies (though I know now, that it was not your intention).
Regards,
Sven
--
Sven Herzberg <herzi gnome-de org>