Re: Proposal for LAT inclusion in GNOME 2.18

Ter, 2006-09-12 �14:26 -0400, Hubert Figuiere escreveu:
> > I would like to propose LAT 1.2.x for inclusion in GNOME, specifically
> > to the Admin Suite.
>
> What was meant to happen is now happening. Now that Mono has been "blessed"
> for note taking application, people try to push their own tools written for
> Mono.... into Gnome.
>
> My vote is NO.

  You are voting no because it's written in Mono, with no further
explanation; sorry, you are not allowed to do that.

  For stuff that has to stay resident in memory, like applets or
daemons, I can understand people thinking twice before using them.  For
an admin tool like LAT that reason has 90% less weight.  Next thing you
know, you're going to ask to kick out epiphany because it embeds firefox
which uses an automatic garbage collector, just like mono...

  Finally, since there is no C equivalent to LAT, we don't have much
choice.  No, GQ is not the same.  From what I saw of GQ 1.0 and LAT 1.0,
LAT is much better because 1) GQ is GTK2 based but very far from HIG
compliant, 2) LAT is more than a simple LDAP client, it has views and
dialogs for managing users, not just simple LDAP entries.

  Regards.

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
The universe is always one step beyond logic