Re: Getting to Topaz (Was Re: getting on a longer release cycled)

Zaheer Merali wrote:
On 9/11/06, Maxim Udushlivy <maxim udushlivy gmail com> wrote:
I was once lurking around planet.gnome.org and there was an interesting
accident. One guy said about Israel that "it is evil" and another (Jeff
Waugh?) was trying to moderate him.

I blogged about the Israel issue and Jeff did not try to moderate me.
He blogged saying maybe I went too far in my blog entry, though he
blogged after my apology blog entry.

Jeff, as far as I can tell, does not want to moderate Planet Gnome as
"Planet GNOME is a window into the world, work and lives of GNOME
hackers and contributors."

Zaheer

Zaheer, I do not think that you said something horrible and unbearable. I used that event as an example of possible useful moderation that could be done on the project level in other areas. Whether to moderate planet.gnome or not is not my business, although I think since it is a public place there should be a couple of obvious rules.