Re: Nine Months in Six Months

On Sex, 2006-09-08 at 01:00 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 19:32 +0100, Don Scorgie wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 11:24 -0700, David Trowbridge wrote:
> > > What in particular isn't possible with the 6-month cycle?
> >
> > For one thing: the documentation gets squeezed.  We (the doc team) have,
> > basically, 3 month to document all the changes, update all the docs and
> > add any new documentation needed.  The doc team is currently running at
> > skeleton staff and is working right up until the tarball submission
> > deadline.  This knocks on and means that the doc translations (if
> > present) are invariably a release behind.
> >
> > Don
> > /me now waits to see if shaunm will release his top-secret plan for
> > world domination...
>
> Here is my much-anticipated MASTER PLAN:

  Your master plan implies branching early and heavily committing to
both branches for a long time.  Reality check: we are still using this
archaic software called C.V.S.! Branching with that software is
incredibly complex.

  Your master plan is blocked by bug #99999999: "migration to
subversion".

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
The universe is always one step beyond logic.