Re: Nine Months in Six Months

<quote who="Shaun McCance">

> Here is my much-anticipated MASTER PLAN:
>
> Using my incredible mathematical genius, I have figured out how to fit an
> entire nine months of work into only six months.

I don't believe that directly splitting the focus between new development
and bug fixing, or lengthening the period of time between development and
product, will have a positive impact on the quality of our results (what we
ship), our comfort (how we feel about the process), or -- crucially, given
the inspiration behind your proposal -- our inter-team communication [1].

I think we need to better understand the problems in each of the non-code
domains, so we can focus on solutions to those problems, optimisations to
those processes, before talking about significant changes to the release
process.

I like your punctual (sic) duck.

Thanks,

- Jeff

[1] I actually think that is the most important issue. We need everyone to
better understand their dependants, the impact of changes on them, and how
we can help each other rock harder -- we're going going to be able to do
that with better inter-team communication.