Nine Months in Six Months

On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 19:32 +0100, Don Scorgie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 11:24 -0700, David Trowbridge wrote:
> > What in particular isn't possible with the 6-month cycle?
>
> For one thing: the documentation gets squeezed.  We (the doc team) have,
> basically, 3 month to document all the changes, update all the docs and
> add any new documentation needed.  The doc team is currently running at
> skeleton staff and is working right up until the tarball submission
> deadline.  This knocks on and means that the doc translations (if
> present) are invariably a release behind.
>
> Don
> /me now waits to see if shaunm will release his top-secret plan for
> world domination...

Here is my much-anticipated MASTER PLAN:

Using my incredible mathematical genius, I have figured
out how to fit an entire nine months of work into only
six months.  I knew there was a reason I got a degree
in mathematics.  (Or at least, I could, if I'd just pay
Purdue that pesky $40 I owe them.)

http://www.gnome.org/~shaunm/ninebysix.html

And while you're clicking on whatever links I happen
to post (you trust me too much, really), check out my
incredible art skills:

http://www.gnome.org/~shaunm/mallard.png

Cute lil guy, isn't he?  That's the new mascot and logo
for Project Mallard.  I named him Drake.  Hey, you two,
what are you snickering about in the corner?  Do you
have something to share with the whole class?  What?

It's a perfectly nice drawing.  Don't pick on Drake.

Well, I never.  If you think you can do better, then
let's see it.

Kids these days, I swear.

--
Shaun