Re: getting on a longer release cycled

Hi,

On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 11:24 -0700, David Trowbridge wrote:
> What in particular isn't possible with the 6-month cycle?

For one thing: the documentation gets squeezed.  We (the doc team) have,
basically, 3 month to document all the changes, update all the docs and
add any new documentation needed.  The doc team is currently running at
skeleton staff and is working right up until the tarball submission
deadline.  This knocks on and means that the doc translations (if
present) are invariably a release behind.

Don
/me now waits to see if shaunm will release his top-secret plan for
world domination...