Re: getting on a longer release cycled

Hubert Figuiere wrote:
I would like to suggest at one point to try to break with the 6 month release schedule of Gnome to do a "major" release with a certain number of feature that would involve possible infrastructure changes in the platform.

I have been thinking about this as well, just from observing how "shit hits the fan" near the end of the cycle.

I'd like to throw out a suggestion that perhaps GNOME should alternate on a six-month-twelve-month release cycle, regardless of "major release" or not. It might make planning a little more complicated, but I'm sure it would be appreciated by developers and users alike.

--Pat