Re: Proposing Tracker for inclusion into GNOME 2.18
- From: Jamie McCracken <jamiemcc blueyonder co uk>
- To: Ross Burton <ross burtonini com>
- Cc: James Henstridge <james jamesh id au>, desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Proposing Tracker for inclusion into GNOME 2.18
- Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:19:19 +0100
Ross Burton wrote:
On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 17:01 +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
Would that satisfy you Ross?
Why not allow all metadata types to specify that they specialise an
existing metadata type, which obviously will bubble up to File.Creator
being a specialisation of dc.Title?
Dublin Core is a very useful core set of metadata but restricting the
parenting would be limiting.
Ah I see Wouter said what I wanted to say but didn't: if you are using
RDF Query why not store metadata using RDF Schema?
mostly to avoid the complexity.
However if it can be shown to be relatively simple then I will
reconsider (If any experts in that area wish to supply me with the
equivalent metadata in the spec I will seriously consider it)
(probably best to do so on tracker mailing list to avoid more noise on
d-d-l before we get complaints)
Mr Jamie McCracken
] [Thread Prev