Re: Proposing Tracker for inclusion into GNOME 2.18

On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 03:10 +0100, Jamie McCracken wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have just released a new stable version of tracker (0.5.0) which can
> be found here:
>
> http://www.gnome.org/~jamiemcc/tracker/tracker-0.5.0.tar.bz2
>
> I would like to propose this for inclusion into Gnome 2.18 as its now
> been well tested and should be stable enough.
>
> Tracker is being developed by a growing community of volunteers to
> create the best and most efficient desktop search, extensible metadata
> server and next generation first class object database all in 100% C code.

"next generation first class object database" sounds a bit like buzzword
bingo to me. Can you be a bit clearer? I don't meant to be discouraging
- I just want you to tell us about the good stuff.

> Tracker now comes with a new GUI tool - Tracker search tool which is
> based on the source of Gnome search tool and if accepted it should
> replace this.

Is there Nautilus integration? It wouldn't make much sense to add this
if it wasn't used for Nautilus.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com