Re: Notifications for build & release issues: gnome-control-center

On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 22:09 +0100, Thomas Wood wrote:

> Do we currently have a dependency and module documentation on-line
> somewhere? I have had several people ask me about such information (or
> moan about the lack of). It would be good to have a build guide for ISVs
> at the very least. GNOME is becoming more and more difficult to build
> and package because of the lack of this type of documentation (these are
> comments I've had from both individuals and people involved in small
> distributions). If it is available somewhere, we need better publicise
> it better.

In many respects, jhbuild _is_ the dependency tree for building GNOME. A
mode like `jhbuild list` will give you a list of packages you need to
build. It would be easily possible to put the output of this command on
a webpage if people thought they needed that.

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA