Re: Notifications for build & release issues: gnome-control-center

On Sat, 2006-10-21 at 12:10 +0800, Davyd Madeley wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 22:09 +0100, Thomas Wood wrote:
>
> > Do we currently have a dependency and module documentation on-line
> > somewhere? I have had several people ask me about such information (or
> > moan about the lack of). It would be good to have a build guide for ISVs
> > at the very least. GNOME is becoming more and more difficult to build
> > and package because of the lack of this type of documentation (these are
> > comments I've had from both individuals and people involved in small
> > distributions). If it is available somewhere, we need better publicise
> > it better.
>
> In many respects, jhbuild _is_ the dependency tree for building GNOME. A
> mode like `jhbuild list` will give you a list of packages you need to
> build. It would be easily possible to put the output of this command on
> a webpage if people thought they needed that.

jhbuild dot meta-gnome-desktop > jhbuild_gnome_desktop.dot
dot jhbuild_gnome_desktop.dot -Tpng > jhbuild_dot_gnome_desktop.png

is also fun:
http://www.gtkmm.org/jhbuild_dot_gnome_desktop.png

(But I also think a build order plus a list of external dependencies
should be enough.)

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com