Re: Proposal: gnome-main-menu for inclusion in GNOME 2.18

Em Sex, 2006-10-20 �13:30 -0400, Rodney Dawes escreveu:
> > Looks really nice though.  And congratulations and thank you for not
> > using submenus.
>
> While we've avoided using submenus for the time being, I think they may
> be necessary to solve some of the usability issues that exist with the
> design. One thing I don't like about using the app browser, is that it
> requires me to open a separate program, browse, then open an app. If I
> want to open more than one application at some point, and they aren't in
> my favorite or recent apps, I have to repeat this much slower process
> multiple times to get to the apps. Having "More Applications" pop up a
> menu which has the structure of the normal programs menu, would be more
> useful I think.

You could turn the Search bar into a Run bar when the Shift key is held,
so that "Enter" does a search and "Shift+Enter" runs the command.

Also, the "More Applications" button could have a drop-down next to it,
like the "New" button in Evolution's toolbar. The button would still
launch the application-browser, and the dropdown would show a regular
menu.

Cheers,
Evandro