Re: Summary of (Was: GNOME desktop integration lib)

On Tue, 2006-10-10 at 17:04 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> So, anything else? Where do we start from to solve all this?

I wanted to talk about this at the summit, but failed.

Would session management be a good place to put something like
application hibernation?  For example when a system is running out of
memory (handheld systems mainly here of course) it is useful to ask some
background processes to hibernate.  Hibernation is very similar to
logout to the application in that it's state is saved but the window
manager/panel/etc lie to the user and pretend that the application is
still running.  If the "window" is focused the application is resumed
from it's saved state.

Apologies if this mail doesn't make much sense, I got back from Boston
today and am somewhat jet-lagged...

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./