Re: Dashboard (was Nautilus Sidebar)

Hi,

On Sun, 2006-06-25 at 13:17 +0100, Glenn J. Mason wrote:

> Yeah, what happened to Dashboard?  The last update on the weblog is
> the end of 2003.  I love the idea of "persistent real time information
> display", like Beagle search but fed a stream of cluepackets.

I actually just gave a talk about this yesterday at GUADEC. :)

Dashboard was somewhat set aside while we developed Beagle.  Dashboard
is being revived as a Summer of Code project, though.  Unfortunately
there's not really any code to show yet.

> Was it just too much overhead on the system or something?

It may be at some point, but we just didn't have enough applications
instrumented at the time for this to be an issue.

Joe