Re: Baobab

On 7/27/06, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote:
I *definitely* think Baobab is a cool tool. But I don't see why it should be
(or needs to be) on every user's desktop.

Jeff,
maybe following links could help in answering your question?

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/search.php?searchid=7050176

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue6  (see Feature of the Week)

http://roozeec.over-blog.com/article-2937003.html

http://ubuntu.wordpress.com/2005/10/25/baobab-graphically-analyze-file-trees/

http://www.gnomefiles.org/app.php?soft_id=1002 (see user ratings and downloads)

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-379230-highlight-baobab.html

Consider that baobab is not a simple replacement of du, but it  can
scan also remote folders on remote servers thru ssh,ftp,smb,http or
https, and gives graphical representation of the disk usage by means
of a TreeMap graph and (in the next future) a Pie Chart.

Fabio