Re: Baobab

Hi Jeff;

On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 01:22 -0700, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Emmanuele Bassi">

> > I personally love when a discussion about the release takes place; I love
> > it a little less when it happens three months after I started the
> > discussion, after I received a "go ahead" from the release team, and
> > especially when the integration has already been done and releases are
> > already out.
> >
> > This is really timely.  Not.
>

> (Additionally, we should absolutely be willing to go back on changes we make
> during the development cycle, otherwise we won't ever be bold enough to try
> out crazy things with the knowledge that we can revert if needs be. So I can
> understand your frustration, but it's not very different to other situations
> we should be prepared to handle.)

Don't get me wrong: I was ready to roll out every change.  Or even not
to commit the merge.  That's why I asked first, three months ago.

But having received a "go ahead" and having release five versions
without even a *slight hint* that my decision was questionable is
frustrating at best.

If even a single mail saying "we'll keep it in check and decide later"
would have been useful: I would have kept a finger on the trigger.  Now
it looks like I did something wrong because I merged a utility without
the consent of the community - and that makes me look I'm stupid.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,  E: ebassi gmail com