Re: Putting the 'Mono debate' back on the rails

Iain * wrote:

The other example is gstreamer, I am sure they can share with us whether their decision to go with parallel-installable version of 0.8 and 0.10 was a pleasant exercise. Of course they were facing similar situations as is now.

Speaking as aGStreamer application author and user, it was very
pleasent. It allowed me to use applications that had been ported to
0.10 and applications that had not...all at the same time!

   Good :).
But for how long? 6 months, 1 year or 3 years? I guess you don't to want to
do that for very long :) or many versions.

-Ghee

Yey for parallel installs

iain