Re: Putting the 'Mono debate' back on the rails

Hi,

Matthias Clasen wrote:
On 7/22/06, Joe Shaw <joeshaw novell com> wrote:
If Mike were starting from scratch here, this would be great.  But there
are already users of these bindings and breaking them up would
effectively break ABI for existing users.  Gtk# already has its own
stability guarantees.

If those guarantees are more important to you than playing by the rules
of the Gnome Bindings set, than Gtk# may simply be better of staying
outside...

Perhaps. I can't speak for Mike, but as a user of those bindings I certainly hope compatibility isn't broken to appease the (IMO, overly strict) rules of the bindings set.

Joe