Re: Trying to reach consensus for the proposed modules
- From: Johan Svedberg <johan svedberg com>
- To: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Trying to reach consensus for the proposed modules
- Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 01:35:48 +0100
* Jan 12 00:05 Steve Frécinaux <nudrema gmail com>:
> Elijah Newren wrote:
> >The previous consensus and agreement was that desktop modules could
> >depend upon python bindings found in the bindings release set.
> >gnome-python-extras isn't part of that set.
> gedit's main widget is gtksourceview, which is not part of the pygtk
> bindings, so it would have been difficult not to depend on
> >A variety of options exist:
> The possibility of creating a pygtksourceview package has been aborded.
> So, a possible (d) would be to create a ?gnome-python-base? which would
> be a subset of the current gnome-python-extra, with only bindings of
> blessed gnome libraries, leaving python-gnome-extra as its current
> status of ?experimental? package.
This seems like a sane solution to me.
Johan Svedberg, johan svedberg com, http://johan.svedberg.com/
] [Thread Prev