Re: Trying to reach consensus for the proposed modules
- From: Steve Frécinaux <nudrema gmail com>
- To: Elijah Newren <newren gmail com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Trying to reach consensus for the proposed modules
- Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 00:01:35 +0100
Elijah Newren wrote:
The previous consensus and agreement was that desktop modules could
depend upon python bindings found in the bindings release set.
gnome-python-extras isn't part of that set.
gedit's main widget is gtksourceview, which is not part of the pygtk
bindings, so it would have been difficult not to depend on
A variety of options exist:
The possibility of creating a pygtksourceview package has been aborded.
So, a possible (d) would be to create a “gnome-python-base” which would
be a subset of the current gnome-python-extra, with only bindings of
blessed gnome libraries, leaving python-gnome-extra as its current
status of “experimental” package.
] [Thread Prev