Re: Design by Community

So, again, despite the unfortunate timing and how this always flares up when we have an example to latch on to, my concern is not exclusive to Novell, XGL, new panel applets, or any of the current examples of this in action. It is a problem that we all share. It is cultural more than anything else - and I have been *totally* complicit in propagating it. So don't read my email as
some kind of anti-Novell rant. We're all in this together.

I know, I know :). I just kept the Novell example because... Well, it's handy.

But my point remains. How far are you willing to go? Must developers adhere to some sort of code of conduct-- a sort of extra set of requirements-- before they can contribute to the GNOME project?

Because that is kind of how your viewpoint comes across here.

Thom Holwerda
---
Managing editor at http://www.osnews.com, exploring the future of computing
---