Re: control-center 2.13.90 released

On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 12:45 -0700, Elijah Newren wrote:

> Isn't this a bug in the capplet?  Why in the world should it be
> working in terms of change sets?  If I change the image, the
> background should be updated.  Immediately.  If I also want to change
> from fill screen to tiling or whatever, fine.  That should also
> update, but instantly.  I shouldn't have to do a bunch of stuff to
> multiple things and then say "Ah, okay, I'm done twiddling stuff now
> so go ahead and update."

We used to have a problem where gnome-settings-daemon or something else
would read the background keys, and then re-set all of them to the same
values unnecessarily.  Nautilus would then pick up several key changes,
and redraw the background each time.  I believe the timeout comes from
that old problem.

I don't know if it still happens.  Can someone test this?  Write a
program that monitors the background-related keys, and have it print the
time when the keys get changed.  Start the session, and see if the
program prints anything - it shouldn't.

[You could also use such a program to test that the background capplet
only changes one key at a time.  If Elijah's "immediate changes" work,
there should not be a need for a change set.]

  Federico