Re: control-center 2.13.90 released

Hi,

On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 17:11 -0600, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> Can you build the whole gnome-control-center module with no inlining and
> debug info (-O2 -fno-inline works well), and then run sysprof while
> changing backgrounds quickly?

Changing backgrounds quickly doesn't really help, since
XSetWindowBackgroundPixmap() isn't being called each time, at least when
nautilus has been disabled [I'm only checking that case right now] - or
that's what I'm seeing while using DTrace.

Also, the default set of backgrounds have completely different sizes and
types as a quick browse through /usr/share/pixmaps/backgrounds will
show. It might be cunning to pick one relatively plain background,
duplicate it a couple of times and change the colour of it, then edit
the xml files in /usr/share/gnome-background-properties for different
wallpaper options.

I'm also not really noticing the slowness that people are experiencing,
or at least background changing seems reasonably responsive - this may
be due to some cairo patches that we've applied locally, I'm not sure.

Glynn