Re: control-center 2.13.90 released

On 2/3/06, Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 23:39 +0000, Iain * wrote:
> > On 2/1/06, Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com> wrote:
> >
> > > - how long does nautilus take to pick up the pixmap and repaint its
> > > desktop window.  That takes about 1 second for me, due to XRENDER bugs.
> >
> > Part of that second is a 300ms timeout before nautilus does anything,
> > to let GConf change all the values.
> >
> > See libnautilus-private/nautilus-directory-background.c:328
> >
> hmm, can't we just use a ChangeSet and do all changes at once and thus
> remove the timeout?

Apparently we do, this is the comment just above the timeout

/*
         * Wallpaper capplet changes picture, background color and
placement with
         * gconf_change_set API, but unfortunately, this operation is
not atomic in
         * GConf as it should be. So we update background after small
timeout to
         * let GConf change all values.          */

Is this a bug in GConf? Was it a bug which has since been fixed? Can
it be fixed? Should it be?

iain