Re: GNOME git repositories?

I think that at the moment, the SVN is all that should really be
considered. Quite simply, we already had this discussion, and we decided
that after a cost-benefit analysis, SVN was the way to go. Now this
doesn't rule out later migration to git or a distributed system, but for
2 days from now, its a svn migration going down, and its really not a
good time to change that, as SVN offers some major improvements over
CVS, and at the moment we are looking at a somewhat painless migration.

That being said, I am a huge fan of git, and distributed systems in
general, and would not object to there being a discussion of moving the
gnome development system (as a whole) to a permanent distributed system.

However, to fill the gap for all those who have a distributed RCS
fetish, check out SVK, and bzr can pull/push to/from svn, just work your
project that way and keep svn up to date with your changes.

Kevin Kubasik