GNOME git repositories? (was Re: GNOME subversion migration)

Hi Kjartan,

Today at 22:12, Kjartan Maraas wrote:

> Maybe we should consider setting up a formal git infrastructure so that
> projects that want to use git will have a way to distribute their
> repositories in a more standard way across GNOME?
>
> git.gnome.org anyone? With a gitweb interface?

And bzr? Mercurial? (I know at least some would be interested in using
bzr, and I even remember some discussion about it on #gnome-hackers)

This would encourage developers to use non-central repositories, thus
making work of non-developers (think translators, artists,
documentors) much harder.  In other words, GNOME "subprojects" would
not be able to work with those other repositories as easily as with
the main CVS/SVN one.

And where do we draw the line?

Cheers,
Danilo